If sagging skin around the eyes makes you appear tired or older than you are, an eyelid lift may be an appropriate option to restore your confidence and rejuvenate your appearance. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, has increased in popularity in recent years, ranking fourth among the most performed cosmetic surgeries performed in the last 10 years. If you’re considering an eyelid surgery, here are 3 important things to contemplate before scheduling your blepharoplasty.
1. The Three Types of Eyelid Surgery
There are three different types of eyelid surgery. The type of surgery you may receive depends on the shape of your eyes and your aesthetics goals.
- Upper Eyelid: If your vision seems to be impaired due to excess skin around the eyes, you may want to consider an upper eyelid surgery. Those who are experiencing the effects of genetics and aging can turn to this procedure to help change the appearance and, potentially, the function of the eyes.
- Lower Eyelid: If your wrinkles are what’s affecting your self-confidence, then lower eyelid surgery may be best for you. This procedure focuses on smoothing out wrinkles, which can also help eliminate baggy eyes, making them look younger and fuller.
- Double Eyelid Surgery: If you are looking for a cosmetic surgery to change the appearance of your eyes to make them look wider, then a double eyelid surgery is the way you want to go. This surgery is done by making a crease in the upper eyelids. The result is the appearance of bigger eyes.
2. Recovery Time
Each kind of surgery has some downtime, and the amount of time it takes you to recover largely depends on the procedure you choose. For eyelid surgery, you can expect your recovery time to be a few weeks. The first few days following your procedure, you can expect some discomfort and blurred vision. You will also likely find some swelling and bruising, which should dissipate after a few weeks. Recovery is fairly simple—get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, and you should be back to your normal activities in a couple of weeks.
3. Who Is the Most Qualified to Perform Blepharoplasty?
The eyelids are a delicate structure and the centerpiece of the face. When choosing a surgeon for eyelid and face surgery in The Woodlands, it is important to consider your physician’s training. Dr. W Marshall Guy is a facial specialist, which means he is among the most qualified to perform facial plastic surgery. In addition to his impressive academic accomplishments, Dr. Guy is knowledgeable, personable, and genuinely wants to help his patients achieve their goals.
Schedule Your Blepharoplasty Consultation Today!
The eyelids aren’t only aesthetically important, but they’re also responsible for protecting and framing your vision. Make sure that when you undergo your procedure, you’re in the most qualified hands. To learn more about blepharoplasty in The Woodlands, TX, don’t hesitate to call (832) 956-1040 or contact us through our website to schedule your personalized consultation with Dr. Guy.